|The Marietta Housing Authority
Contact: Ella Murphy Senior Asset/Compliance Manager
The Marietta Housing Authority (MHA) Rental Assistance Program offers affordable, decent, safe and sanitary housing to families who meet eligibility criteria. The Rental Assistance Program is available to those income eligible families who qualify for one, two, or three bedroom units. The rental amount is typically thirty (30) percent of the family’s monthly adjusted income.
Marietta Housing Authority owns and manages scattered site developments located within a one to two mile radius of the historical downtown square in Marietta, Georgia. MHA also owns and manages a development in Acworth, Georgia. Of the total 164 apartments in these developments, 134 are reserved for Elderly/Disabled and 30 as Family units. [114 units are in Marietta and 50 units are in Acworth]. All family units are in Acworth.
To qualify for the Rental Assistance Program, a family must meet:
- Income limits as determined by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) generally, income may not exceed 80% of Area Median Income
- Citizenship / eligible immigrant criteria
- MHA screening criteria including : criminal background ; sex offender ; tenancy history ; debts owed to Federal housing programs ; verification of social security numbers
Some MHA properties are equipped with handicap accessible apartments and furnished utilities. All units have washer, dryer, cable connections, and after- hour emergency maintenance.
Each property is conveniently located to local schools, churches, libraries, bus lines, hospitals, restaurants and recreational parks. Listed below are MHA’s properties.
- Hull Heights (Acworth) – Family/Elderly/Disabled
- Branson Walk (Marietta) – Elderly/Disabled
- Newsletter -June 2020